Goals and Progress
IT-oLogy has established a set of goals to help guide its efforts and measures progress by successfully completed initiatives.
Goals for 2011-2012
- Evolve partner management/business development methods and expand the corporate partner base.
- Advance IT talent by making progress in all three initiatives: Promote IT (K-12), Teach IT (Higher Ed) and Grow IT (Professionals & Business).
- Make a material step towards sustainable funding.
- Grow the IT-oLogy marketing and public relations footprint.
- Initiate academic programs on the System z mainframe.
- Launched IT Gateway, the online portal where talent can connect with businesses seeking interns and employees.
- Reached over 5,000 K-12 students and educators through career fairs, camps, CyberIQ workshops, Speakers' Bureau and educator field studies.
- Connected over 300 higher ed students and professionals to internship and career opportunities through IT Gateway.
- Reached over 7,000 professionals through conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Had record attendance at POSSCON, featuring Scott McNealy as keynote speaker.
- Conducted a research project to determine the true number of IT professionals across the nation and pinpoint the top IT job clusters.
- Increased our partner base to over 100 business, academic and organization partners.
- Launched IT-oLogy @ Innovista, creating an IT district in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Launched IT-oLogy @ University Center of Greenville, giving a local presence to the Upstate community.
- Successfully held a number of Promote IT workshops, including CyberIQ, Cyber Saturday and Discovery Day.
- In collaboration with iTs|SC and other organizations, held the first ever Gartner local briefing in South Carolina.